    after the laptop restarts it will say unable to restore to this point
    ..
    thanks for any help.

    db78, Mar 28, 2005

  2. db78

    JefN Guest

    | hello all i was wondering if anyone on here could help me. i was
    | deleting some of the sony vaio software of my laptop(pcg-k415b) i
    | then emptyd my recycle bin i now want to put it back to the factory
    | settings but when i try by going through vaio recovery utility or
    | recovery disk kit wizzard it keeps saying i have deleted the recovery
    | partition :evil: so i then try and restore to a earlier point but
    | after the laptop restarts it will say unable to restore to this point
    | .
    | thanks for any help.

    Hi db78 -

    I seriously doubt you deleted the Restore Partition.

    Likely you deleted the Sony Recovery Wizard (or at least parts of it).

    If you created the Recovery CD/DVD set with the Recovery Wizard when you
    first set up your computer, you can restore to factory default settings by
    setting up your BIOS (press F2 at the VAIO logo when you first start up) to
    boot to the CD-ROM/DVD drive first. Then boot with the Recovery Startup CD.
    Choose the option to perform a complete recovery (this will recover the
    restore partition and then the C:\ and D:\ "drives" on the hard disk).
    Follow the prompts to insert the various Recovery CDs/DVDs as needed.

    If you failed to create the Recovery CD/DVD set you're boned. You need to
    purchase a proper recovery set from Sony.

    In any event, to recover to a "bare metal" state, be sure to backup to
    external media anything you currently have on the computer as it will be
    wiped away during the full recovery.

    Jef

    JefN, Mar 28, 2005