    my Panther CDs I can't locate the upgrade cd apple sent me. Most of my
    friends are pc people. Can I beg borrow steal buy the upgrade cd from
    someone? Thanks.

    alexz, Sep 21, 2005

  2. alexz

    Tom Stiller Guest

    Ah, the wisdom of running as root. What upgrade CD? If you can install
    the OS, you should be able to get all updates via the Software Update
    application.

    Tom Stiller, Sep 21, 2005

  3. alexz

    alexz Guest

    Yes, rub it in, it's all deserved. :)
    My mac came from one of those mail order places. Must have been old
    stock as it came with 10.3 and a coupon to get 10.4 upgrade. I can find
    the 10.3 cd's but the upgrade cd seems misplaced. (So the computer is
    functional now but I'd rather get back to 10.4 asap. I don't think you
    can do this via software update, at least I don't seem to be able to.)

    From 6.xx all the way until now I never had to reinstall the os, so
    this kind of mishap is quite a learning experience.

    alexz, Sep 21, 2005