    this regard. I'll be appreciative if someone can tell me what I need to do to
    trash the folder and its contents.

    Thanks in advance!

    TaliesinSoft, Oct 20, 2006

  2. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    I found the answer in "Mac OS Tiger in a Nutshell" (an O'Reilly book) and
    knowing that I could always restore from by backup gave it a try and it
    worked. I used the "rmdir -r" command and the unwanted folder and its
    contents wee removed.

    TaliesinSoft, Oct 20, 2006

  3. I see you've found out how to do it from the command line, but for
    future reference the Finder does have an easy way to access hidden
    folders. Select the 'Go' menu, then 'Go to Folder...', then type in the
    folder pathname, in this case /Volumes, and the Finder will open it even
    if it's invisible.

    Roger Johnstone, Oct 20, 2006
  4. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    That one I'll remember. Many thanks!

    TaliesinSoft, Oct 20, 2006
  5. TaliesinSoft

    Jon Guest

    Good for you! :) But in fact, you could have done it in the Finder:

    Type Cmd-Shift-G iin the Finder, then type "/volumes". This opens the
    /volumes directory in a normal Finder window, with everything in there
    accessible for normal manipulation.

    For both options: There is a reason why some folders are hidden from
    mere mortals, so be sure to know what you are doing. (This warning is
    more to later readers - you have obviously already hit the Emtpy Trash
    with this one. ;-)

    Jon, Oct 20, 2006