    would be the updated equivalence. It looks like that would be the
    5150. Is that correct?

    Dick

    Dick, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Dick

    Bob Levine Guest

    That would be my recommendation.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Dick

    Tom Scales Guest

    Yes. The 4550 was to the 8250 as the 5150 is to the 91xx.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Thanks Tom and Bob. What are your recommendations regarding dual
    core? The 2.8 dual core CPU is the same price as the 3.0 non dual
    core. Both 800 FSB. I don't know the advantages of one over the
    other.

    Dick

    Dick, Mar 21, 2006
  5. Dick

    Tom Scales Guest

    Search for a thread on this topic over the last few days. Lots of opinions.
    I'd get the dual core, but I am a heavy Photoshop user.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 21, 2006
  6. Dick

    Jack Zwick Guest

    Except Dell has cut corners, and the 510 only has two regular PCI slots.

    Jack Zwick, Mar 22, 2006
  7. Dick

    Jack Zwick Guest

    Unless you use a program with heavy math computation that is
    specifically written for dual core, you wont see a difference.

    Jack Zwick, Mar 22, 2006
  8. Dick

    Clint Guest

    But at the same time, would you notice a difference between a 2.8 and a 3.0
    GHz processor? I doubt it. So I'd go for the 2.8 (personally) for those
    times that you really do want to do more than one thing at once.

    Clint

    Clint, Mar 23, 2006
  9. Dick

    Bob Levine Guest

    Agreed. Dual core is really the way to go here.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Mar 24, 2006
  10. Dick

    Dick Guest

    I'm convinced, but confused about the difference between the 820 and
    higher numbered chips. The 820 does not have Enhanced Intel Speedstep
    Technology. To get that you have to go at least to the 830 which is
    $100 more. Is it worth the $100?

    Dick

    Dick, Mar 24, 2006