    force the CPU to work at 2.66GHz?

    TIA

    Jumbo

    Jumbo, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Are you using Windows XP? If so check under power management in the
    Control Panel, you could also disable SpeedStep in the BIOS.

    Nicholas Andrade, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Jumbo

    Ghostrider Guest

    Not really sure if that information is really correct except
    when running under battery. Even then, under Power Management,
    there are options that allow the user to select the type of
    operation when under battery. And AFAIK, it would appear that
    my Inspiron 5100 runs at full speed when connected to line.

    Ghostrider, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Jumbo

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    disabling speedstep will ensure that the CPU runs at its slowest compatable
    speed.

    with the C640 i just gave back, there was a little system driver install
    that was required, and i had to have my system connected to a 90W line
    supply to get fulll power. 70W would degrade the CPU to 750 from 1.8Ghz

    NuTCrAcKeR, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Jumbo

    Jumbo Guest

    Thank you all for your advice.