    experience of how much you can bargain them down on the phone?

    Cheers,
    Marco.

    Marco C, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Marco C

    Brad Stokes Guest

    I've bought three in the past four months.

    As a rule, the spec on them isn't fantastic but what you're really paying
    for is the futureproofing element, specifically
    PCIExpress, DDR2 memory, 775 pin processors and SATA connectors.

    I'm not sure about haggling on the phone, I always buy mine
    online.........there's a 5% discount + free double memory + free upgrade to
    flat panel monitor offer on at the moment.

    Brad Stokes, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Marco C

    George Guest

    For another couple of days, they offer 25% off a desktop over $1299
    (Coupon Code: M60LDQM2TH?N37 ) or 30% off a desktop over $1799 (Coupon
    Code: 3TB6R405280WT1 ). Just saved me $300 on two 8400s.

    Coupons change frequently... check at www.dealcatcher.com. Don't know
    if they work on systems delivered to the U.K.

    George, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Spec the machine online together with all the goodies, save it as a basket,
    then call the rep. If they can't beat it, all you've lost is the time for
    the phone call.

    The savings depend on how much you're spending. Buy a £250 machine, and
    there isn't much profit margin to discuss. Buy 5 PowerEdge Servers, and
    you'll save quite a bit. The exact amounts depend on how good you are at
    negotiating.

    Pete.

    Peter Connolly, Nov 16, 2004