    Dick Guest

    Where can I find a list of parts for my Dell Dimension 9150? I have a
    fan going out, and need to know what to order.

    Dick, May 16, 2007

  2. Dick

    Pen Guest

    Pen, May 16, 2007

  3. Dick

    Ben Myers Guest

    Start with the support area of the Dell web site, "check warranty status" for
    your system's service tag, then look at "Original Configuration". They may or
    may not have the detail you need, so open up the case, remove the failing part,
    and look for a Dell sticker with part number on it... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 16, 2007
  4. Dick

    S.Lewis Guest

    1-800-357-3355 Dell spare parts.

    S.Lewis, May 17, 2007
  5. Dick

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yep, but it makes for a quicker transaction if one call them and ask for a
    specific part number... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 17, 2007
  6. Dick

    S.Lewis Guest

    I agree. I was just adding the number to your already good info......

    I shoulda said as much.

    S.Lewis, May 17, 2007
  7. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Turns out it is the fan inside the power supply that is the culprit.
    I'm guessing I will have to replace the entire power supply.

    Dick

    Dick, May 21, 2007
  8. Dick

    S.Lewis Guest

    Use the phone number in the thread posted earlier.

    Make notes (if you're not under warranty) about plug numbers to which
    devices, etc. if needed - before uninstalling the PS.

    The PS part number s/be visible with the side cover off - barcode sticker
    with a series of numbers.

    The Dell part number will be approximately in the middle of these and look
    something like this (5 characters): F4284 C4849 G4265 Y2682, but maybe with
    a zero prefix.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, May 21, 2007