    keeping the power on as if there were an incoming signal. If I pull
    the plug out of the SoundBlaster, the lights go off.

    Dick

    Dick Hughes, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Dick Hughes

    Quaoar Guest

    Can you check the polarity at the speakers? It would be very odd, but
    perhaps the audio polarity is reversed.

    Quaoar, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Dick Hughes

    Notan Guest

    That should only affect the phase of the speaker(s).

    Notan

    Notan, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Dick Hughes

    Quaoar Guest

    Not only the phase, but if the speaker auto sensing circuit expects a
    certain polarity to function. As I writ, this would be very strange,
    but many older Sony products did operate with reversed DC polarity.

    Quaoar, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Dick Hughes

    Dick Hughes Guest

    I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Dick

    Dick Hughes, Apr 7, 2006
  6. Dick Hughes

    Quaoar Guest

    One small correction: I should have written that many older Sony
    products operated with reversed polarity from the supplied DC power at
    the jack, i.e., center pin reversed.

    Quaoar, Apr 7, 2006