    "If the Restore Point is not there you can not use it.
    You will need another solution to resolve your issue."

    Wow! Did you come up with this on your on??? You are SO smart!

    Administrator, Feb 11, 2006

  2. And your answer would have been?
    Your answer to the question does not seem to be available to me.
    Would you suggest using what is not available?

    You are quick to criticize those giving answers and yet answer none.
    How convenient of you to quote only the part that suits you.

    You have demonstrated you can not prove any of your accusations against me.
    I am still waiting for proof of plagiarism.
    Or was that a claim demonstrating your own ignorance.
    Hint: If you look hard enough, you may find something word for word from a
    major site, but you would be surprised at the true source and which was
    actually published first.

    Jupiter Jones, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Are you familiar with the phrase "Delusions of Grander"?

    Administrator, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Obviously you are incapable of supporting your claims or contributing.
    But you seem to have the troll part down good.
    Your ego has been overly inflated by this thread already.
    Post back as you must since your ego needs the last word.
    Good bye.

    Jupiter Jones, Feb 11, 2006
  5. Von Fourche

    george Guest

    I used to work at HP and HP has never made "cheap" computers (in the
    derogatory sense). I've never worked in their consumer computer divisions,
    but all of their computers went thru rather rigorous testing for all sorts
    of things atypical in the industry. When I was there, it used to irk
    management that Dell had more problems but people were happier with their
    customer service and that IMHO was Dell's forte, customer service. All that
    said, I do own a Dell laptop (about 2-1/2 years old) that I am happy with
    and I bought it solely based on features...it had more of what I wanted than
    anything else on the market at the time.

    george, Feb 11, 2006
  6. Von Fourche

    Tom Scales Guest

    Sure wasn't my experience. I tried Pavillions twice. The first time it was
    such junk that I took it back to CompUSA. When I tried to return it the guy
    started telling me about the restocking fee. Then he looked at the box and
    said "Oh, an HP. We'll waive the fee".

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Feb 11, 2006
  7. Von Fourche

    Notan Guest

    No, although I am familiar with "Delusions of Grandeur."

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 11, 2006
  8. Von Fourche

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Absolutely, but the poster made a claim that didn't differentiate...

    Hank Arnold, Feb 11, 2006
  9. Von Fourche

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Thanks for posting. Administrator is in my kill file, so I don't see his
    idiotic rantings...

    Hank Arnold, Feb 11, 2006
  10. Von Fourche

    george Guest

    I used to work next to the division that made Pavilions. As you might know,
    Pavilions are made from other company's parts (HP is a system integrator on
    Pavilions), sometimes with minor mods to the motherboard and always an
    HP-specific BIOS. I never used to think much of the Pavilion line before
    working for HP. Anyway, the division I worked for made OEM timing products
    and guaranteed them for 20 years so I was often in the test lab(s) and I saw
    Pavilions being tested for: thermal shock, vibration, at high temp, at low
    temp, for ESD, in high humidity, etc., etc., etc. I used to do contract
    work for many different manufacturers of computer components and never saw
    anyone else do even 10% of the testing HP did (don't know if they still do
    all this and they may now contract out more/all of the work). You get some
    weird perceptions in CompUSA, so I don't know how valid your experience
    there was as it relates to HP quality in general. (Many of the kids working
    there think Samsung is great...I've had 5 Samsung monitors fail within 30
    days after the expiration of the warranty, one company I worked at sold its
    rejects to Samsung at Samsung's request, and as "employee-of-the-year" for
    Samsung, my wife received a faulty out-of-the-box camcorder. YMMV, but I
    avoid them like the plague.)

    Sorry you didn't have good luck with HP...makes me wonder if they've changed
    or if you were just the "lucky" recipient of the occasional lemon all
    manufacturers turn out from time to time.

    george, Feb 11, 2006
  11. Von Fourche

    S.Lewis Guest

    ^^^ misspelled "for eternity".^^^^^

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 11, 2006
  12. Von Fourche

    S.Lewis Guest

    In my experience, their older Pavilions are not friendly to work on. The
    placement (and disassembly) of components is, at times, downright painful -
    though not as bad as Compaq.

    The newer HP boxes I've seen - perhaps a year to two years old - are much
    improved I think, both aesthetically and functionally.

    Further, I wonder if their support has changed recently? About 3 years ago
    I had an older Pavilion (PIII/Celeron generation) that needed a replacement
    system board. I was told by HP that I could not buy the board and install it
    myself because "we can't warranty the board unless our techs replace it."
    (This system had no warranty, btw). I was informed that I would have to
    ship the tower to HP and let them install it.

    Like that was actually going to happen at some reasonable cost. Maybe I got
    bad information or maybe they've changed........

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 11, 2006
  13. Von Fourche

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    About to delete 12 posts from clowney boy and apply kill-filter!

    Paul Knudsen, Feb 12, 2006
  14. Von Fourche

    Curious Guest

    (Speak about yourself?)

    Isn't calling somebody a DellBot giving a compliment?

    (Tom Scales):

    Hey, I'm disappointed.
    I thought I was the king of the Dellbots.

    Curious, Feb 12, 2006
  15. Von Fourche

    Box134 Guest

    I wouldn't sweat it. I subscribe to the on-line version of CR and read it
    regularly, but I don't regard it as the "bible" for anything, just a useful
    tool. I own a Saturn, which they liked for a few years and hated after that.
    It's been an excellent car for me. Likewise, we've had one Dell laptop for
    several years with very good results, and another from Xmas.

    Anyway, my reading of the CR reports has the Dell Inspiron in first place
    for budget laptops, third place in the "workhorse" category, and third in
    the
    "slim and light category." Doesn't sound like a bad showing to me.

    Also, you've got to be careful about the criteria they use. For instance,
    the Apple entry has "less vulnerability to viruses and spyware". Maybe, but
    it's nothing to do with Apple, just that Apple users aren't smart enough to
    write malware.

    Box134, Feb 12, 2006
  16. Von Fourche

    Notan Guest

    I'm sure you've heard the term, "Consider the source."

    The same comment, from two different people, can mean two completely different things.

    e.g., "Nice work, Einstein."

    Administrator (Talk about delusions of grandeur!) has contributed nothing to this
    newsgroup, unless you consider being an irritant a contribution.

    A troll is a troll is a troll.

    Notan

    (Proud to be in the company of the Dellbots, some pretty decent folks.)

    Notan, Feb 12, 2006
  17. Von Fourche

    Box134 Guest

    It's "grandeur." At least get it right if you're showing off your superior
    intellect.

    Box134, Feb 12, 2006
  18. Von Fourche

    Notan Guest

    Yup, you're absolutely correct.

    Actually, I corrected someone, just the other day, about the same word.

    I guess it was still on the brain.

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 12, 2006
  19. Von Fourche

    Notan Guest

    Apparently, it was Adminstrator that used "Grander."

    It's all getting so confusing. <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 12, 2006