Dell battery recall - heads up!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Alex Flaherty, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Alex Flaherty, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Alex Flaherty

    Tom Scales Guest

    Tom Scales, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Alex Flaherty

    Bob Levine Guest

    It's 35,000 total batteries. I certainly checked mine out (not subject
    to the recall, either), but I'm sure the overall percentage of all the
    affected laptops sold in the last year is very small.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Dec 17, 2005
  4. HillBillyBuddhist, Dec 17, 2005
  5. I've not bothered checking my 9300 that could be affected........if it
    sets fire to my legs then I'll sue sue sue - did you phone Dell to
    check or is there a list of battery serial numbers or something
    available on the net somewhere?

    Alex Flaherty, Dec 17, 2005
  6. Alex Flaherty

    MrB Guest

    Thanks for the heads up. Mine wasn't on the list, but I wouldn't have known
    to check, had I not seen your post.

    MrB, Dec 17, 2005
  7. Alex Flaherty

    Stubby Guest

    Stubby, Dec 17, 2005
  8. Alex Flaherty

    MZB Guest

    Same here. Mine isn't on the list. I was hoping it was, as it would be nice
    to get a new battery pack!!

    Mel

    MZB, Dec 17, 2005
  9. HillBillyBuddhist, Dec 17, 2005
  10. yeah, problem here is if you click on the "enter battery ppid number"
    you encounter "An unexpected error occurred (500). We apologize for
    any inconvenience"!!!!

    Glad Dell are taking their corporate reponsibilities seriously :)

    Alex Flaherty, Dec 17, 2005
  11. yeah, problem here is if you click on the "enter battery ppid number"

    Alex Flaherty, Dec 17, 2005
  12. Alex Flaherty

    Tom Scales Guest

    Worked fine for me. None of my three are on the list.

    Tom Scales, Dec 17, 2005
  13. Alex Flaherty

    Tom Scales Guest

    You would, of course, lose since Dell has offered a replacement program
    through a recall.

    Tom Scales, Dec 17, 2005
  14. Alex Flaherty

    BT Guest

    And how is this news any different from my post the day before (Dec. 16)
    entitled "Battery recall - overheating issue". Guess I'm just being
    ignored...should have included an exclamation mark...okay, I'll go back to my
    room now... ; )

    BT

    BT, Dec 17, 2005
  15. Alex Flaherty