Dell D500 Power Jack pinout

Discussion in 'Dell' started by MarkD, Dec 14, 2006.

1. MarkD

MarkD

I like many other have had my power jack break off the mother board more then once. I am to the point now that I am going to hard wire my AC power suppy to the mother board. I have found that there are 3 cables from the power suppy, Outter shield, inner shield and a center cable. The center to inner shield is 16.5V and the inner to outter shield is 19.5V. Does anyone know how these 3 cables soldier into the mother board connections where the power Jack use to plug into??? There seems to be 5 connection points. Two dirrectly under the power jack (center) and 3 across the back of the power jack. There are also four soldier points at the four corners of where the power jack use to be. The two in the center and the four corners ohm out to ground, the 3 across the top I have no clue. Does any one have any Ideas on the PINOUT????????

MarkD, Dec 14, 2006
Ask a Question