Dell Desktop 620 Power up

Discussion in 'Dell' started by pclaptop, Jul 11, 2015.

  1. pclaptop

    pclaptop

    Hello all, I have a Dell Inspiron 620 that I would like to supercharge.

    hxxp://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/PfydFeaturedCategoryResults.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&mfgpid=223685&chassisid=89034&svcTag=GGT8KQ1&Tab=Parts&stype=2

    Inspiron 620

    Service Tag :GGT8KQ1

    I currently have an i3 CPU/4gb ram and looked at upgrading the CPU to and i5 or i7. Most advised me that either it couldn't be done or that the increase in performance would be negligible. They cited BIOS and Chipset issues as well as power consumption current(s) that would be a deterrent to using the existing MB.

    So with a budget of around 600 bucks for a new MB/CPU, what can I do to set this 4 year old Dell on fire and increase all around performance?

    thanks in advance,

    pclaptop

    pclaptop, Jul 11, 2015