    Win ME reinstall disk. The remainder of the Dell provided CDs are not
    particularly well labeled and no particular sequence of installation seems
    to be available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jay

    Jay, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Jay

    Mercury Guest

    No recovery disk is provided for the 4100. You would need to reformat; use
    the WinME OS disk to reinstall the operating system, install the necessary
    drivers from the appropriate CD if they are not on the OS disk and then
    reinstall any desired programs from the CDs provided by Dell.

    Mercury, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Jay

    WSZsr Guest

    A manual came with the computer. It includes step-by-step instructions for
    reinstalling.

    WSZsr, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Jay

    Tom Swift Guest

    Tom Swift, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks ! Exactly the info I was looking for - much appreciated !

    Jay, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Jay

    Tom Swift Guest

    My pleasure. Dell's online technical support is really very good. In
    particular, the Community Forums are excellent.

    Tom Swift

    Tom Swift, Jan 16, 2004
  7. Jay

    Bob Levine Guest

    If you're going to go to all the trouble of reinstalling the ME, I'd
    strongly encourage you to buy the XP upgrade and install that instead.

    Just my $0.02,

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Jan 17, 2004