    The other day a blue screen came up on my computer telling me there may be something wrong with some hardware i just installed. last piece of hardware i installed was my soundcard, over a month ago. It told me if it was the first time seeing this message, just restart using the power button. the first time i saw it, i did that and everything worked normal. the second time a saw it, a day later, i restarted the system, but when it rebooted, all it showed was a black screen with X300 SE 128 MB BIOS P/N 113-A33406-100 written at the top of the screen w/ a blinking horizontal cursor under it. All keyboard and mouse input is disabled, and i cant do anything to get past this black screen. Dell thinks it might be something wrong with my video card, or that my motherboard has failed in some way. The person i talked to had me do random stuff with the computer, such as holding the power button down with the power cable out to remove static electricity, removing the battery on the mobo, and plugging my monitor into the integrated slot on my computer. When i was plugged into integrated, with my videocard removed from its pci slot, it read out on a black screen info about copyright stuff for intel and telling me decompilation (or something like that, i dont remember exactly) is prohibited. I figured it wouldnt work considering i got a graphics card for my system when i bought it from dell, which i think would mean that my computer would not contain the drivers for the integrated graphics.
    I think possibly something overheated considering it has been quite hot the past couple days but idk.
    The Dell guy has yet to call back providing me with a solution to this problem. Does any one have any idea what so ever as to why im getting this black screen? Im still under warraunty from Dell so any hardware that needs to be replaced they will, except the problem is they dont know which piece of hardware needs to be replaced.

    Speon, Aug 4, 2006
  2. Speon

    Scooter

    Did you ever get a resolution to this issue as I am having the same issue with a Dimension 8400. I have just added more memory purchased from Dell and are now getting this error.

    Scooter, Oct 25, 2006
  3. Speon

    baboelk

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2006
    Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have had the same exact problem with my Dell Dimension 3000 and have been through the same run around with Dell tech support. If you know of anything I would appreciate the help.

    Thanks!

    baboelk, Nov 28, 2006