Dell Dimension 8200 new HDD ok? HELP!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by ithinkimobsess3d, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ithinkimobsess3d

ithinkimobsess3d

Well, I have this Maxtor DiamondMax 21 hard drive laying around. It is a 250GB HDD. Right now I have a Seagate Baracuda 80GB in my Dell 8200 as my primary C drive from which the sytem boots up. I have tried, and failed a long long time ago to upgrade the comp to a larger HDD. Back when it was new, I tried a 160GB HDD on it, but failed, as back then before the SP2 times, the system did not support it.

Anyway, now I am led to believe that I can run a 250GB HDD on my Dell 8200. I have been reading around the forums and it seems to be that this would be ok. Now my main concern is, how would I go about this? Do I first set up the 80GB drive as my master and the the 250GB as my slave, and then copy the 80GB's partition into the 250? How would I go about backing up my data and installing the new Maxtor 250Gb drive to run on it's own without the Seagate 80GB?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

ithinkimobsess3d, Jan 2, 2007
Ask a Question