    updated my bios on my L700cx to the latest A14 for the Dell Dimension Series.
    My question is will the L700cx machine support an Intel Celeron 1.1 Ghz CPU
    FCPGA Socket 370 128k cache chip?

    Guest, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Guest

    S.Lewis Guest

    Have a read:

    www.roberthancock.com/dell

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    He only talks about the Pentium III 1 Ghz processor. My question is on the 1.1
    Ghz Celeron processor which is what I'm after.

    Guest, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Yes, as long as you get the 1.1 Coppermine (and not the 1.1A Tualatin).

    Edward J. Neth, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ok, one more question. Sorry to ask but if I put the 1.1 Ghz Celeron chip in my
    L700cx machine, will the bios and os be 98se or xp recognize the chip as 1.1
    Ghz or will the BIOS recognize it as only Celeron 800 thereby running only at
    800 Mhz?

    P.S.: The reason I ask is I realize that Dell's online manual was last updated
    on July 26, 2001 while the last BIOS A14 came out in September 5, 2001.

    Also, I saw a Tualatin adaptor, not by powerleap, at axion tech. I was
    wondering if by any chance my system will work with it so that I can perhaps
    put it in a 1.4 Ghz Celeron which seems to be the highest FSB 100 chip on the
    Celeron side. Here's the link for the full info on the generic 370 to Tualatin
    converter:

    http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=34833&PHPSESSID=854dee336fb0992dfa19cd65f084d10b

    Someone pointed this converter out to me but was unsure as to whether or not it
    would work properly in my system.

    Guest, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Whether the CPU is recognized by the BIOS at 1.1 or not, makes no
    difference - the multiplier is set to 11X,
    and the CPU cannot run at 800 MHz - as long as the bus speed is correct, the
    CPU will run at its rated speed.

    You'll have to ask the manufacturer of the converter socket whether it works
    with these systems.

    Edward J. Neth, Dec 26, 2003