Dell Dimension XPS T600r upgrade video card help

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Zatherran, Nov 17, 2007.

  1. Zatherran

    Zatherran

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    Location:
    remember the alamo
    Hi.. I have a Dell Dimension XPS T600r dated 1998. she purrs like a kitten and is wonderful, have upgraded memory to 565. she is 660 mz. 12g hard drive with 6g left.

    but want to get a new video card so i can use my new wide screen flat monitor. resolution for the orignal video card doesnt go above 1100. so things are stretch, not too annoying untill i want to work photoshop for personnel wallpapers.
    I dont do games, just email and photoshop 7.

    bought a new video card and the slots are wrong. i have a brown slot pci
    2 slot. the new video card has three, and doesnt fit.
    willing to pay up to 150 for a new one.

    can anyone tell me where i can get info on a new card that will give me
    1440 resolution for the monitor. i have searched everywhere.
    I dont want a new computer, this one is perfect for me.
    just to upgrade a video card that will fit the motherboard.
    I can send pics of the current card and slot if need.
    any suggestions (besides a new computer) would be wonderful..
    thank you so much..

    Zatherran, Nov 17, 2007