    here or do I have a docking station with a broken network adaptor.
    Thanks for your help.

    Karl

    Karl Dubendorf, Nov 5, 2003

  2. I am not familiar with that particular computer, but in some laptops
    there are settings in BIOS to enable the network card in the dock. The
    lights on mine flash even when the computer is not in it. There might also
    be a driver needed that should be on the Dell support website.

    Thomas M. Goethe, Nov 5, 2003

  3. you need to install "dell dock quick install" software prior to docking the
    system for the first time.
    go to support.dell.com and navigate to downloads for the latitude cpi. you
    will see the software under the category 'system and configuration
    utilities'.
    once installed, power down the system, dock it, then power on. it will take
    a few reboots (at the system's suggestion) before it completes installation
    and settles down. do not panic when the screen changes video resolution, it
    changes back upon reboot... with windows xp there is no need for this
    software and the c/dock.

    Christopher Muto, Nov 5, 2003