    trick to accessing PC DVD-ROM content? Do you need a special type of DVD-ROM
    drive or software to play this content?

    Thanks for your help on this.

    LPW, Dec 10, 2003

  2. I wonder have you used your Drive before to view a movie. The Drive has to
    be set for the region you are viewing in .

    Go to the contol panel. click then go to system click hardware go to
    device driver and select the DVD-ROM drive from the list then right click a
    properties box will appear. check to see if the drive has a region setting
    to make your region of the world USA = 1. The disc has to match the region.

    Carolyn Taliaferro, Dec 10, 2003

  3. LPW

    Kernelpanic Guest

    region.

    This does not matter. My Region is set to 1 and I have a few DVDs that have
    the same problem. For my Dell 8200, I even replaced the DVD player since
    the DVD player that came with the system was having this problem with
    several DVDs which resolved those issues with the new DVD player. Now my
    Dell 8300 is starting to have this problem with a few DVDs. A few month
    ago, I either Read or searched M$ and found an article stating that M$ has a
    fix for this anomaly which will be in the SP2 release.

    Kernelpanic, Dec 11, 2003