    But that's the point. The current pricing is set for you NOT paying for a
    CD. It would be higher if you did.

    Get it??

    Tom Scales, Apr 11, 2005

  2. BigJIm

    Irene Guest

    What's yours?

    You don't need my service tag number to search for drivers?

    I will give you a hint. You won't find the driver for the Iomega 250 Zip
    Drive, just as you won't find the driver for numerous other hardware that
    has been installed on various models of Dell computers.
    You won't find them because Dell does not now, nor has ever provided ALL
    drivers on their web site.

    Irene, Apr 11, 2005

  3. BigJIm

    Notan Guest

    You asked me, "... ALL drivers for the original configuration of you computer?"

    Again, my answer is "yes."

    If you want to argue with me, go right ahead.

    My answer will still be "yes."

    Notan

    Notan, Apr 11, 2005
  4. BigJIm

    ZupaDupa Guest

    that's pure bullshit and you know it. since you know so much about dells
    pricing decisions, just how much were all the dell systems dropped when they
    stopped providing a CD for the OS?

    any savings is being pocketed by dell and leaving customers with no
    operating system cd. of course im sure dell will be glad to send it for a
    charge.

    ZupaDupa, Apr 11, 2005
  5. BigJIm

    Irene Guest

    The Iomega 250 Zip Drive was an originally installed (by Dell) piece of
    hardware in all three of our Dimension computers.
    All you have to do to search the web site for available drivers for any of
    Dell's computers is to sign in to support.dell.com Click on "downloads and
    drivers", then choose which computer that you want to do the search for.
    You will find that no drivers appear for any Iomega drive.
    Interesting that I should have to explain how to do a driver search to a
    "Dellbot"(one of the self appointed X-Spurts).

    SO, again I ask you, since you insist that ALL drivers are available on the
    Dell Support site, that you produce the URL for the location of the driver
    for the Iomega 250 Zip Drive on the Dell Support Web site.

    No argument is necessary because, you won't find it.
    Just as you won't find drivers for numerous other pieces of hardware
    installed, factory new, by Dell in computers that they sell, build, and
    ship.

    It would be much easier and more honest for you to just admit that, once
    again, you are wrong.
    But, if you want to spend time trying, be my guest.

    Irene, Apr 11, 2005
  6. BigJIm

    Notan Guest

    I *never* said that *all* drivers (especially third-party) were available.

    One more time... You asked me, "... ALL drivers for the original configuration
    of you computer?"

    Every driver, for every one of *my* computers, is available.

    Notan

    Notan, Apr 11, 2005
  7. BigJIm

    Wortenheimer Guest

    ZupaDupa wrote:
    || "Tom Scales" wrote
    ||| But that's the point. The current pricing is set for you NOT paying
    ||| for a CD. It would be higher if you did.
    ||| Get it??
    || that's pure bullshit and you know it. since you know so much about
    || dells pricing decisions, just how much were all the dell systems
    || dropped when they stopped providing a CD for the OS?
    || any savings is being pocketed by dell and leaving customers with no
    || operating system cd. of course im sure dell will be glad to send it
    || for a charge.

    that makes me special, i suppose. i received it without any additional
    "charge," including shipping. on to the next delusion....

    Wortenheimer, Apr 11, 2005
  8. BigJIm

    Wortenheimer Guest

    ZupaDupa wrote:
    ||| how old are you? i'm guessing 13. don't worry. that bad case of
    ||| acne to which your type are prone will clear up by your early to
    ||| mid-twenties. if you ever find a way to get laid.
    || spoken like a true, mindless sheep. true hurts too much huh? stop
    || being a sheep and call a spade a spade. dell tried to nickel and
    || dime (aka screw) you out of something you paid for. stop kissing
    || micheal dells ass in tribute when they finally do what they should
    || have done in the first place. now go back to the rest of the
    || mindless dellbot flock... baaaabaaaa

    you have mental health issues. it appears that the person most likely to
    have been doinked against their will is you. i'm guessing your dad is the
    culprit, assuming that you know who he is. maybe it was your "uncle." is
    that what your mom called him?

    Wortenheimer, Apr 11, 2005
  9. BigJIm

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    Same here: Every driver for my computer is on Dell's web site.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Apr 11, 2005
  10. BigJIm

    ZupaDupa Guest

    wow... pretty strong stuff for a sheep of your stature. baaabaaaa
    now please go back to kissing micheal dells balls loser.

    ZupaDupa, Apr 11, 2005
  11. BigJIm

    S.Lewis Guest

    No. Windows has the drivers natively, so there's no need to download a
    driver. But you're not a blathering idiot so you knew that.

    Secondly, you really meant to ask about the "Iomega tools" software which
    can be downloaded from the Iomega website. But you knew that as well.

    Oh, wait....

    S.Lewis, Apr 11, 2005
  12. BigJIm

    S.Lewis Guest

    I'm glad you finally replaced your HP Colorado drive.

    S.Lewis, Apr 11, 2005
  13. BigJIm

    Steve W. Guest

    The ZIP drive has native driver support in Windows 98/2000/ME/XP so NO
    other drivers are needed it is an ATAPI device. Just PNP.

    Steve W., Apr 11, 2005
  14. lol - right on!

    Sparky Spartacus, Apr 11, 2005
  15. I have no problem with calling a spade a spade, but you're a fucking shovel.

    <standard Dellhating boilerplate snipped>

    Sparky Spartacus, Apr 11, 2005
  16. Absolutely not - for posters like ZoopaDoopa & Eyerene (just picking 2
    names out of the ether), there's no such thing as getting it. They hate
    Dell and will criticize (at great length) any perceived slight on Dell's
    part - if one's new Dell included someone to wipe the new owner's ass,
    they'd criticize (at great length of course) Dell for not putting on
    baby powder afterward.

    Sparky Spartacus, Apr 11, 2005
  17. Right, God knows what they assume in their little hard-wired Dellhating
    brains I did to receive a full set of CDs, inc. XP/SP2, with my new Dim
    8400.

    Sparky Spartacus, Apr 11, 2005
  18. You have an enduring fascination with male homosexuality, ZD. Do your
    dreams feature gladiators wrestling? Michael Dell in <assless> chaps? Hmmmm?

    Ever seen a grown man naked?

    Capt Oveur

    Sparky Spartacus, Apr 11, 2005
  19. BigJIm

    Ben Myers Guest

    So what? The Iomega 250 Zip Drive has built-in operating system support in Win
    2000 and Win XP. I forget whether or not Win 95, 98 or ME also have built-in
    support for the ZIP drives, which are simply species of removable disk media.
    Why would one want to download "drivers" from the Dell web site when such
    drivers are not even needed?

    Now if you want some of the Iomega utilities which support the ZIP drives, the
    best place to get this software is? SURPRISE! The Iomega web site!

    This seems like another tempest in a teapot... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 11, 2005
  20. BigJIm

    Notan Guest

    I'd imagine that, rather than wanting to know where to find
    whatever Iomega software was needed for Irene's Zip Drive 250,
    she, once again, was just here to stir the pot.

    I wouldn't expect any computer company to support third party
    hardware.

    Need Iomega software/drivers? Go to:

    https://iomega-na-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iomega_na_en.cfg/php/enduser/cci/product.phph

    Notan