  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    frigging idiots

    Ed, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Ed

    journey Guest

    Unfortunately,

    (and I say that because I hate to see jobs go overseas -- eventually
    we are going to be a shell of a country -- but hey, I am a big fan of
    chicken little ...)

    my experiences with Dell India support have gotten much better over
    time. They definitely have metrics in place to evaluate their
    service, that can quickly pinpoint where problems are. It's an old
    idea that Deming used to help Japanese industry a long time ago.

    When I get someone who I don't think is handling my call very well, I
    hang up and dial back and get another person. I mean why not, they
    drop lines on customers all the time after spending significant
    amounts of time on a problem, and then the customer has to start all
    over if things were not documented properly in the case.

    One of the first things I do when talking to any kind of Dell support
    or customer service (assuming it's not someone I hang up on), is give
    them my phone number so that they can call me back if we get
    disconnected.

    If I am being transferred to a different area, I ask the person
    transferring me to stay on the line until the call gets connected, and
    also ask what number I should call in case the line gets dropped.

    If any area of Dell says you cannot talk to a supervisor, it's not
    true. It seems that people at Dell India are prompted to say "sorry
    sir, but our supervisors do not talk on the phone" (obviously I
    paraphrased that poorly). Dell USA Customer Service also told me that
    when I had to return a defective Inspiron 6000 and they wouldn't wave
    the restocking fee, but I was persistent and they dropped it.

    Acting skills can also come in handy :) Being the squeaky wheel can
    save a lot of time and hassle.

    I used to get really angry at Dell support, but after dealing with
    them over many years I've learned how to navigate the system fairly
    fast (and now that I say this a nightmare scenario is right around the
    corner).

    I am very afraid of what is going to happen to this country when our
    service jobs go overseas, but that's probably a topic for a political
    newsgroup.

    Journey

    journey, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Ed

    Notan Guest

    It sounds like you got what *you* paid for.

    Notan

    Notan, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Let me guess DellBot, he should have opted for the Gold support?

    Administrator, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Ed

    Notan Guest

    Assuming that your contributions to society are similar to those
    in this newsgroup, your tombstone probably won't say anything.

    How sad.

    Notan

    Notan, Mar 10, 2006
  6. Ed

    Kevin M Guest

    How mature!

    Kevin M, Mar 10, 2006
  7. Ed

    Tom Scales Guest

    You can't be calling out Notan! Administrator is a stalker AND a troll.

    Tom Scales, Mar 10, 2006
  8. Ed

    Kevin M Guest

    10-4