    instead of from Dell?

    Thanks.

    Mz

    Mz, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Their printers are Lexmarks, based on standard Lexmark printers, but
    among other things,
    are configured to use a specially configured ink cartridge. Std
    Lexmark or third-party Lexmark equivalents, or refilled Lexmark
    cartridges won't fit.

    If you need a printer, select and buy it elsewhere, it'll be cheaper
    in the long run.

    Ogden Johnson III, Nov 26, 2003
  3. Mz

    Mz Guest

    Mz, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Mz

    Mz Guest

    Had I known that I can Not use the Original manufacturer's ink
    cartridges, I would NEVER have bot the J740.

    At least I got it new and Cheap(!) on eBay so if it doesn't work out,
    I'll just donate it!

    Thank you very much!

    Mz

    Mz, Nov 27, 2003