    If I take the battery out, it does the same thing.

    Do I need a new battery or a new power adapter?

    Thanks.

    CowboysFan, Jul 6, 2006

  2. it could be the adapter or it could be the computer....
    if it is under warranty then call dell and follow their problem resolution
    procedure. they will probably send out a replacement ac adapter to see if
    that solves the problem. alternatively you can purchase one yourself and
    return it if it doesn't solve the problem. it could be that the a/c jack on
    the back of the computer (where you plug in the a/c adapter) is damaged.
    that is an expensive repair. but if the fast blinking light is on the
    computer itself it could be caused by badly seated memory, cpu, cd drive,
    etc... removing and replacing these things may all that is required to
    solve the problem. they can become loose if the system suffered a hard
    bump. with power attached, have your tried holding the power button for 10
    seconds to force it to shut down and then press it again to power it back
    on?

    Christopher Muto, Jul 6, 2006