    before the message appears.

    I have a Dell Inspiron 2500

    Is it the hard drive?

    Dan Hicks, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Dan Hicks

    Quaoar Guest

    Most likely the drive. Remove and reseat the drive(s) and RAM chips.
    Boot into BIOS setup and see if the drive type is Auto. Save changes
    and try another boot. If the problem has been intermittent, it could be
    a tenuous physical connection. You might blow out the drive socket with
    compressed gas dust cleaner. When you remove the drive, check that the
    drive caddy screws are tight. There are usually two on each side of the
    caddy.

    Quaoar, Aug 21, 2004