    functioning properly. Both the Power and the Link lights are green. As
    soon as the driver is loaded an error is reported, in Device Manager the
    card has an (!) next to it and

    LymanAlpha, Jul 7, 2005

  2. LymanAlpha

    BigJim Guest

    if the slot is bad it is part of the motherboard. You will need a new board.
    is the pcmcia card slot enabled in the bios

    BigJim, Jul 8, 2005

  3. LymanAlpha

    Quaoar Guest

    I believe that the Linksy/Dlink card drivers must be installed before XP
    finds the card inserted. My memory might well be faulty, but at least
    the Linksys CD that comes with the WPC11 has the required driver, or you
    can obtain the latest update from Linksys.

    Since you've tried to install without the appropriate driver, you'll
    need to access device manager, select view hidden devices, and remove
    all vestiges of previous failed installs, probably with the card
    inserted. Remove the card, reboot, and install the driver from the CD
    or file, then insert the card the first time.

    Quaoar, Jul 11, 2005