    jack blinks all the time. Is there anything I can do to fix the
    problem? Where to buy a new NIC card for laptop? By the way,
    since my warraty is past, so I have to ask here. Thanks.

    twowaystosayiloveyou, May 22, 2007

  2. twowaystosayiloveyou

    tc Guest

    Try a new network cord.
    Terry

    tc, May 22, 2007

  3. twowaystosayiloveyou

    paulmd Guest

    The Nic on that laptop is integrated and does not come out. However, a
    standard pcmcia (cardbus) nic will work. You can pick one up locally,
    any computer dealer should have them.

    Here's the service manual anyway.

    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins2600/en/sm_en/remove.htm#1103387

    paulmd, May 22, 2007
  4. Already tried. Does not work.

    twowaystosayiloveyou, May 22, 2007
  5. twowaystosayiloveyou

    Rivergoat Guest

    Yes, and I would think you will also need to go into BIOS and turn off
    the intergrated NIC so the system doesn't get confused as to which NIC
    to seek....

    Rivergoat, May 22, 2007
  6. twowaystosayiloveyou

    BigJim Guest

    you can get a pcmcia network card

    BigJim, May 22, 2007
  7. twowaystosayiloveyou

    BigJim Guest

  8. twowaystosayiloveyou

    paulmd Guest

    In general, there's no need. But if you only want to see one red X
    instead of two, when the network cable is unplugged, then go ahead.

    paulmd, May 23, 2007