    completely dead.

    Did something fry? Is there some circuit breaker that tripped? Or is it in
    some weird standby state? Thanks.

    hmmm..., Sep 7, 2003

  2. hmmm...

    techie Guest

    Not weird, just dell......
    Take out the battery and disconnect the ac power.
    reconnect the ac power, leaving the battery out, and try the power button, if it
    boots, then you may be having a battery problem.
    let me know on the news group, if this helped.
    If you get back into the laptop, you can also run the diagnostics to check to
    make sure everything else is ok.
    techie

    techie, Sep 12, 2003