    battery and no charge the battery. It seems to be a DC/DC converter that
    is on the motherboard, has somebody experienced this problem ? how to
    solve it ?

    kyoq, Mar 8, 2006

  2. kyoq

    zwsdotcom Guest

    I have a problem with my Laptop Inspiron 5150. These are the symptoms:
    This problem occurred on a machine (same model) belonging to a friend
    of my wife, and I was called in to fix it. The initial problem was that
    the DC in jack was broken off. I had assumed this was the ONLY problem.
    When I had fixed this, I found the exact symptoms you describe.

    I checked output V from the adapter, it was good and stable. I tried
    powering the laptop off my lab PSU just in case - still no dice. I told
    her to order a new motherboard and she bought it off eBay. Swapped
    motherboard, same symptom. Must be a common problem. I traced through
    part of the power circuit to check for open resistors and fuses and
    shorted semis... nothing.

    You'll notice that the +5V standby voltage is present but low. The 3.3V
    rail keeps going up and down as the LEDs blink.

    zwsdotcom, Mar 8, 2006