    sleep mode the Inspiron 5150 only to press the power button?

    TIA
    Craig

    Craig, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Craig

    Jay B Guest

    the power button is the usually way, and that is what you want.
    there is a way to tell it to wakeup upon any key being hit,
    but you dont want that because the computer needs to use much more power
    to sense the buttons being touched. that runs down your battery.
    i usually just suspend or standby, then if i suspended, then opening the
    laptop cover turns it back on automatically.
    otherwise pressing the power button is no so hard.

    Jay B, Aug 6, 2006