Dell Inspiron 570 and Windows 7 Power Settings

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Guy Wilson, Feb 24, 2010.

  1. Guy Wilson

    Guy Wilson Guest

    Posting this here in case someone else runs into this.

    I just bought a Dell Inspiron 570 package from Staples - had a 20 inch
    LCD monitor.

    Set up Windows etc - in the power settings set the PC to go on standby
    after 1 hour. But I subsequently found that the PC would not come out
    of standby into a usable state. The power light would come on (goes
    white from amber), the monitor would come on but would stay blank. The
    PC would not respond to any key or mouse inputs - I had to turn it off
    using the power button and then turn on again.

    Going to control panel > power options > edit plan settings (for the
    current plan) and then clicking "change advanced power settings" I found
    an option under sleep that enabled/disabled hybrid sleep. By disabling
    hybrid sleep I was able to get the PC to come out of standby properly.

    I am curious how widespread this issue may be - I found the solution on
    a forum (name escapes me) - but no (at least recent) postings on the
    topic in this group.

    Guy

    Guy Wilson, Feb 24, 2010