    than a year old and up to now its been used with the charger connected,
    rather than using the battery.

    Has anyone any answers please ?

    Nighthawk, Nov 27, 2006

  2. You probably have a dead or nearly dead battery.

    When it gets to, say, 60%, if you unplug the AC (and leave it
    unplugged), for how long will the battery run the laptop?

    If you charge it to 60% (or whatever you can get to), let it sit
    (removed from the computer) for a couple of days and then reinsert it,
    with the laptop unplugged, for how long will it then run the laptop?

    Barry Watzman, Nov 27, 2006

  3. It is highly possible that your battery is going to dead or it passed
    away even.

    kimiraikkonen, Nov 27, 2006