    will occur. I fixed a similar problem that I had with and Inspiro
    8200 and a C/Dock station by installing the BIOS for a Latitude C840
    Does anyone know of a similar remedy for the Inspiron 8500

    scruff, Dec 5, 2006

  2. scruff

    Notan Guest

    You knowingly flashed a system with the wrong BIOS?

    Man, have YOU got balls!

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 5, 2006

  3. scruff

    S.Lewis Guest

    So you're attempting to use this system with a C-dock? A quick search on
    ebay reveals that unit belongs with a D-series replicator (I haven't
    cross-referenced the Dell docs because I'm too lazy):

    http://tinyurl.com/y67psl

    If that's the case then all bets are off that the two would work together.
    Since I have no experience with that model I reserve the right to be
    incorrect, but if I'm right, well....

    Stew

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Dec 5, 2006
  4. I have an Inspiron 8600 with a D/Port Replicator and while I am not certain
    on this I believe the Inspiron's only work with the port replicator while
    the Latitudes would work with either the Replicator or the docking station.

    HTH
    Robert

    Robert McMillan, Dec 6, 2006