    used a Logitech bluetooth device that came with a keyboard/mouse. It
    worked with the phone just fine.

    Thanks

    mroach, Jul 24, 2006

  2. mroach

    Clint Guest

    Who's cell phone is it? Many cell companies lock down features they don't
    want you to have. Verizon (US) and Telus (Canada) are famous for that.

    Clint

    Clint, Jul 24, 2006

  3. mroach

    Tom Scales Guest

    I haven't succeeded in doing it with my Cingular V3 either.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 24, 2006
  4. mroach

    Quaoar Guest

    MPT installs its own set of drivers and modem(s) for a given phone and
    has the option for BT although I've never used it. In the program
    itself one has the option to select the connection method and the modem
    used to connect. You might try www.howardforums.com and
    www.cellphonehacks.com for information on how MPT works with BT.

    Quaoar, Jul 25, 2006
  5. mroach

    Jay B Guest

    my son just demonstrated to me the blue tooth working on a E1405 with
    his motorola phone with cingular. he was able to transfer pics, and
    videos and music back and forth.

    so it does work if you have the right carrier.
    i hear that verizon doesnt work.

    Jay B, Jul 26, 2006
  6. mroach

    tarekadam

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    motorola phone tools and dell bluetooth

    For some reason, motorola phone tools does not work with my onboard bluetooth device (dell/toshiba). Phonetools keeps asking me to plug in a usb blue tooth adapter. To get around this...

    1. Add the phone(s) to your list of blue tooth devices as usual. COM ports will be set up for each phone as a modem.

    2. Connect phone tools to a phone via a direct usb wire. This will establish a usb modem connection - so that phone tools can actually start.

    3. Once phone tools is up and running, change the connection in the general settings from the usb modem to the bluetooth modem (easy since it's already mapped to a COM port). Phonetools menu > Set up > General Set up - communications tab.

    The modem connected via blue tooth may not be obvious. Mine is called "standard 33600 pbs Modem".

    Tarek Adam
    www.zencil.com/public

    tarekadam, Aug 7, 2006