    2GB Ram.
    Regards
    buddy b

    buddy b, Aug 1, 2010

  2. buddy b

    buddy b Guest

    stable).
    Regards
    buddy b

    buddy b, Aug 2, 2010

  3. buddy b

    Some One Guest

    Works fine on my Dell E1505 that is essentially a clone of the Dell
    6400. I did an update from Vista to Win 7 and it's been working without
    issue here since November 2009.

    Some One, Aug 3, 2010
  4. buddy b

    BillW50 Guest

    There is a big difference between running and crawling! I ran Windows 7
    Ultimate RC on three machines:

    1) Gateway MX6124 1.5GHz Celeron with 2GB of RAM

    2) Gateway M465 1.7GHz Celeron with 2GB of RAM

    3) Asus 702 900MHz Celeron fitted with a 16GB SSD with 2GB of RAM.

    The first two runs Windows XP with the CPU at 3% idle and a CPU temp of
    132°F. Under Windows 7, CPU idle jumps to 23% and the temp increases 20°F.

    The Asus runs Windows XP at 5% idle and the CPU temp at 132°F. Under
    Windows 7 the CPU idle jumps to a whopping 50% and the CPU temp
    increases 10°F. These notebooks don't increase heat so much due to the
    keyboard is also being used as a huge heatsink.

    And all three uses the drive far more than Windows XP does. And anything
    that needs lots of CPU power was always slower under Windows 7 on the
    same machine. Which makes sense since Windows 7 is using much more CPU
    power for itself.

    You can also see this under the minimum requirements for CPU intensive
    games like The Sims as well. As you need more memory and a faster CPU if
    the game is running under Windows 7 vs. Windows XP. So all of this
    should be a no brainier to be honest.

    And the Asus EeePC 702 was totally unusable IMHO. It worked, but it was
    just so dang slow! And I am sure that cheap 16GB MLC SSD I popped in
    there doesn't help matters either. As those are really slow when it
    comes to writing. And it appears Windows 7 does seem to write a lot more
    than Windows XP does.

    And to be honest the two Gateway machines ran Windows 7 fairly well as
    long as the CPU wasn't in heavy use. Couple this with the fact that XP
    runs 100% of what I want to run while Windows 7 only runs about 95% of
    what I want to run. So I didn't see the need for Windows 7 at all and I
    removed them on all of my machines back in May.

    BillW50, Aug 3, 2010
  5. buddy b

    buddy b Guest

    Thanks very much, Bill.
    Regards
    buddy b

    buddy b, Aug 4, 2010
  6. buddy b

    BillW50 Guest

    In buddy b typed on Tue, 03 Aug 2010 21:06:48 -0400:
    You're quite welcome.

    BillW50, Aug 4, 2010
  7. buddy b

    buddy b Guest

    The windows7 checker said without reservation that it would be ok for
    win7.
    The laptop has:
    a dual core intel chip, 2.56 GHz each
    800 GB HD SATA
    2 GB RAM.

    Probably worth a dual boot setup to check how fast it works.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Regards
    buddy b

    buddy b, Aug 5, 2010