    Is there some electronic limit to the capacity of the drive
    that is supported inside the modular bay ?

    I was hoping to use a 30GB and a 60GB for swapping large data files.

    Phil Schuman, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Phil Schuman

    larry Guest

    Phil, The capacity of the hard drive is determined by the system bios.
    I have ran up to 80gigs with a c600 with no problem.

    Larry

    larry, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Phil Schuman

    Phil Schuman Guest

    This is for the swappable bay - battery, floppy, CD-RW, DVD, etc
    and now an extra 2.5" disk - we have them all :)
    So... I wasn't sure why it would say that on the case,
    unless there was something different/special
    vs the standard internal disk mounted in the side of the Dell C610.

    Phil Schuman, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Phil Schuman

    Phil Schuman Guest

    just installed the IBM 60GB disk into the Dell 11KEN modular bay
    adapter -
    works fine in my Dell C610 -
    brought up the Windows XP disk manager, partitioned, formatted as NTFS,
    and running a disk scan right now -

    Phil Schuman, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Phil Schuman

    larry Guest

    Sounds good...I think that you could take it all the way to 80gigs.
    But maybe don't press your luck...

    Larry

    larry, Aug 30, 2005
  6. Phil Schuman

    Phil Schuman Guest

    happen to run across this IBM 60GB drive on eBay -
    brand new in sealed bag -
    cost me $1.00/GB :)
    will use Acronis True Image software (still need to purchase)
    to upgrade son's Dell C610 from 30GB to this 60GB drive -
    He needs more space with his music, online gaming, etc...

    Phil Schuman, Aug 30, 2005