    professional for a year now with no problem, until now. Any pointers from
    anyone with similar experience appreaciated, b4 i call dell (as last
    resort). TIA

    chungacs, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Hi Chungacs,

    You did not say what you were doing or whether you checked the event logs.

    If the event logs don't show anything, I would say that it is some type of hardware problem (most likely overheating). I would
    say the same thing if you were doing something intensive like 3d rendering or games.

    Ciao . . .
    C.Joseph

    ++ Let know man judge me until . . .
    he has walked the road I have . . .
    in the shoes I've worn. ++

    http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

    C.Joseph Drayton, Nov 26, 2003

  3. chungacs

    chungacs Guest

    hardware problem (most likely overheating). I would
    or games.

    Thanks for your help. Now that u mention it, i noticed the 2 air vents not
    blowing any hot air - the fans are not working. This must be the cause.

    Prior to the problem i had a session of cd copying using my ext (usb) cdrw
    drive. I think i made some 10 cdr but i wonder this had anything to do with
    it

    chungacs, Nov 26, 2003