    boot to a floppy and then install from a CD. To do this with the Latitude,
    it looks like I would have to boot to the floppy and then hot swap to the
    CD. Is that possible? Or would I just boot to the Win98 SE CD?

    Bubba, Jan 5, 2004

  2. The C840 (like my C800) is a 3spindle machine which generally has a
    floppy and a CD (and HD) available simultaneously.

    Kal

    Kalman Rubinson, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Bubba

    Bubba Guest

    As far as I can tell, the floppy drive and the CD drive share a bay, so when
    one is in the other is out. I would be glad to find out I'm mistaken.

    Bubba, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Bubba

    tc Guest

    3 solutions.
    1 Create a bootable win 98 cd

    2 Or boot to the floppy, fdisk and format. Copy the floppy to the hd with
    appropriate changes. Boot to the hd and then install from the cd.
    3. Or, copy the win 98 directory to a separate partition while xp is on hd.
    Then format the main partition and install from hd.

    Terry

    tc, Jan 5, 2004
  5. The C840 has a fixed optical drive on its left side so you can have it plus
    the floppy drive (installed in the modular bay).

    Shiranui Gen-An, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Bubba

    Joe Davis Guest

    If you've got the space on the hard drive, option 3 would be smart. Having
    dual boot capability would be useful.

    Joe Davis, Jan 6, 2004