    will give me 1024X768. It all seems very odd to me that a laptop (this is a
    modern laptop, as far as I can tell) would not simply have its most functional
    screen display bundled into its package, as it came from Dell.

    DrBrainDead777, Apr 26, 2004

  2. DrBrainDead777

    thermos_01 Guest

    You only need to update the video driver. It sounds like someone
    re-installed Windows without updating the specific drivers.

    First, you need to find out what CPi model you have. You can check this by
    going to the BIOS page. Press F2 (or FN+F1 on older models) when the system
    boots up on the Dell Logo.

    Once you've got the model (CPi D, CPi A, or CPi R), then go to the downloads
    section at Dell, select the system, select the Video drver you need and the
    operating system that you are using.

    https://support.dell.com/productselection.aspx?UseReferer=true

    Instructions on how to update the video driver are on the support page.

    thermos_01, Apr 26, 2004

  3. rom: "thermos_01"
    Date: 4/26/04 11:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time

    You only need to update the video driver. It sounds like someone
    re-installed Windows without updating the specific drivers.

    First, you need to find out what CPi model you have. You can check this by
    going to the BIOS page. Press F2 (or FN+F1 on older models) when the system
    boots up on the Dell Logo>>

    I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate
    that very much. Thanks again!

    DrBrainDead777, Apr 30, 2004
  4. DrBrainDead777

    Denzelpuppy Guest

    If memory serves me correctly the driver for the CPi is a combined audio
    /graphics driver and not just graphics

    Denzelpuppy, May 2, 2004