    fess up?
    -
    My own computer Support

    Sam, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Sam

    Michael Arm Guest

    I bought a used CPXJ 650 a couple of years ago. I also had problems
    after a while with certain keys not working. I keep about 4 months
    worth of archives and found a message that said take off the keyboard
    and reseat all the contacts. I also used canned air and blew out all
    the keys, especially from the sides. It will be obvious when you
    remove the keyboard what I mean. All my keys are working again.

    The hardware manual is very clear on how to remove and replace the
    keyboard. It is available on the Dell Web site.

    You can also buy replacement keybaords on E-Bay.

    The CPX is a pretty good machine. Mine came with 256Mb, 20gig HD,
    combo modem/ethernet PCMCIA card, Floppy, and DVD-ROM.

    Put Oracle DB Server 9, Oracle IAS server, Apache , with an Oracle
    Forms application and it worked great for doing demonstations for
    customers, and training.

    Hope this helps.

    Mike

    Michael Arm, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Sam

    The Hedonist Guest

    This is nothing to do with screws and metal touching the 8,I, K key problem
    is caused by the connector and there is a modified keyboard part No 7U031
    these were all swapped out on machines in Warranty

    The Hedonist, Feb 13, 2004