    now but is still blinking orange. when i take the battery out, and
    press the indicator button on the actual battery pack, 4 out of 5 green
    lights light up. any ideas?? thanks

    jason.d.martinez, May 1, 2006

  2. jason.d.martinez

    jspatelce123 Guest

    hello sir
    how instrest your laptops
    pls send me a mail to me

    jspatelce123, May 1, 2006

  3. jason.d.martinez

    friesian Guest

    There are a couple reasons why a battery will no longer work in the
    computer. It may hold a charge, but the computer can't use it.

    I would buy a new battery for now and hang onto the old one for awhile.
    I had this problem with a battery last year. I bought the used laptop
    with 2 good batteries and found another battery in the bag. It didn't
    work even though it showed a charge, but it was never mentioned in the
    ad, so I wasn't upset.

    Recently, I learned I could look in the control panel to see how much
    power was in the battery, and put this one in to see what it would say.
    It works fine now, lasts about 2 1/2 hours.

    So, your battery may or may not work again with your computer. Best to
    buy a new one and try this one again later.

    friesian, May 3, 2006
  4. jason.d.martinez

    Quaoar Guest

    Try newsgroup alt.sys.pc-clone.dell for the best advice.

    Quaoar, May 3, 2006