Dell LCD Touch Screen E153FPTc will not stay on, blank, black screen

Discussion in 'Dell' started by arthur, Sep 14, 2006.

  1. arthur

    arthur Guest

    My problem was that I have a Dell LCD Touch Screen model E153FPTc.
    After I turn it on, the image on the screen goes black. The power to
    the monitor is still on though, the power button remains illuminated
    and green. I tried it without a connection and during the monitor
    self-test the same thing happens. The backlight just goes out after
    about 2 seconds.

    ------------------------------------

    SOLUTION! FIXED! I'm not sure exactly what causes this problem.
    However it seems that lowering the 'Brightness' and 'Contrast' fixes
    things. The problem is, you can't see the menu without the backlight.
    However, try this, as it worked for me:

    Have monitor turned on and plugged into computer. Boot up the computer
    so that a signal is being sent to the monitor. My monitor would
    flicker to life everytime there was a resolution or refresh rate
    change. But then the backlight goes out and the screen goes black
    after only a couple seconds. The 'green' power light was still on,
    just the screen was black. You can only get to the menus when a signal
    is being sent from the computer to the monitor, so it needs to be on.
    For my monitor the brightness needs to be at 60 or below for the
    backlight to stay on. The default factory settings are too high for my
    montior as they are above those numbers. Once your computer is all
    booted up, you can change the monitor settings.

    Notice you have four buttons on the bottom of the unit:
    ( [-] ) Menu
    ( - ) minus
    ( + ) plus
    ( 0 ) power
    Hit these buttons in order to lower the 'Brightness' and 'Contrast':
    Press ( - ) minus -- enters 'Brightness' and 'Contrast' menu
    Press ( - ) minus -- moves hightlighted option down to 'Brightness'
    Press ( [-] ) Menu -- selects 'brightness' as option to change
    Press ( - ) minus several times -- each press moves the brightness
    down 1/100.
    Press ( [-] ) Menu -- sets the new level.
    Press ( - ) minus -- moves hightlighted option down to 'contrast'
    Press ( [-] ) Menu -- selects 'contrast' as option to change
    Press ( - ) minus several times -- each press moves the contrast down
    1/100.
    Press ( [-] ) Menu -- sets the new level.
    Press ( - ) minus -- moves hightlighted option down to 'Exit'
    Press ( [-] ) Menu -- selects to exit the menu.
    Press ( 0 ) power -- turn off monitor
    Press ( 0 ) power -- turn on monitor
    The monitor stayed on for me after this. I lowered the numbers much
    lower than 60 at first. Then raised them slowly back up once I could
    see the screen easier.

    Hope this helps someone.

    arthur, Sep 14, 2006