    I no idea what it was before.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks.

    M, Oct 26, 2008

  2. M

    Ben Myers Guest

    Well, the real questions are whether you have also installed Linux on a
    partition, and, if so, whether you care about the Linux partition?

    If you do not care, you should delete all existing partitions on your
    system, once again, if you do not care about their contents, especially
    any and all personal information you have authored, such as document,
    spreadsheets, etc.

    Then you can find a useful how-to on the web telling how to recreate the
    diagnostic partition which is 32MB and either FAT16 or FAT32, I forget
    which.

    The steps are to first create and make useful the diagnostic partition
    by installing the diagnostics, then reinstall Windows Media Center.

    If the information on the hard drive of your computer is important to
    you, you may well be better off placing it in the hands of a competent
    service technician to undo what you have done or possibly to get your
    system to boot again.

    From this vantage point, I cannot otherwise advise you exactly what to
    do... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 26, 2008