    Does anyone know what thew PSU output is? There's no stickers on mine
    anywhere and I have no documentation.

    Thanks

    Guest, Jan 29, 2006

  2. Guest

    Kevin Guest

    Have you tried the Dell Support website? There should be a Service Tag
    number on the back of the machine. If all tags and stickers have been
    removed from the unit, it is probably of questionable heritage. Dell uses
    some proprietary parts in their machines, so upgrading outside of the Dell
    universe may be problematic.

    Kevin, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Guest

    Ben Myers Guest

    The GX150 is fairly standard for a Dell. The same chassis is used for the
    Optiplex GX240 and possibly a couple of newer Optiplexes. I forget which ones.

    As another posting suggested, you can look up the specs on the Dell web site. If
    your computer does not have a service tag, you can still look at the specs for
    the Optiplex GX150 to find out the capacity of the power supply.

    Dell used non-standard ATX power supplies on many P3 systems. I do not know if
    the GX150 power supply is standard or not, but that is irrelevant. If you
    install a Pentium 4 motherboard (and tray), you'll also need to use a Pentium
    4-capable ATX power supply with the 12v power connector required by P4
    motherboards... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 29, 2006