    are basically not required. Offers welcome if anyone has any use for
    them, let me know how many you want and I usually ship Priority Mail
    mainland USA only.

    utah.pc, Mar 18, 2008

  2. utah.pc

    S.Lewis Guest

    Any reason you can't place them up on ebay? They'll sell..........

    S.Lewis, Mar 18, 2008

  3. i recently listed a emachines windows xp recovery cd on ebay and it was
    removed because of a complaint that it was in violation of copy rights to
    sell it. i relisted it with the original pc which was trash (failed
    motherboard/powersupply/etc) and they removed it again. but i also listed a
    gateway xp pro restore cd and it was not canceled... so go figure. but the
    bottom line is that microsoft trolls ebay listings and obviously objects to
    certain items and/or language used in the listing.

    Christopher Muto, Mar 18, 2008
  4. utah.pc

    utah.pc Guest

    They claim its Microsoft but it is actually eBay that will prevent the
    sale of restore disks for systems that a lot of manufacturers will not
    include but instead form a partition on a hard drive. Dell will issue
    a free disk (For the cost of postage), but again this is not
    applicable if you either re-sell the system or it is out of warranty.
    I have had in the past numerous auctions pulled for the same reason
    above but again I have had succesful auctions as well (And very good
    prices they do bring on eBay too I may add). With the amount of these
    disks I receieve on a week to week basis, trying to work the ebay
    loophole is not always viable and especially when an hour before the
    auction ends they decide its in violation because Microsoft state it
    has to be sold with the machine. (If thats the case then why are Dell,
    HP, Gateway etc allowed to re-sell them if you have no warranty etc is
    beyond me, and at a price a lot higher than the $15-$20 they usually
    bring on eBay)

    utah.pc, Mar 18, 2008
  5. utah.pc

    S.Lewis Guest

    Not to mention if you have a Windows-based issue on any of these OEM
    machines and phone Microsoft, they will almost always refuse support and
    refer the user back to the system mfr. .... heh heh

    "It's not our problem. WAIT, that's our CD and you can't sell it....."
    bastids.

    S.Lewis, Mar 18, 2008
  6. utah.pc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Keyfinder is the Windows installer's friend. The "Windows installer" here is a
    real person, not some stupid .MSI file. But, of course, one must first match
    the Windows CD version with the sticker on the computer, write down the product
    key, and change it with Keyfinder before attempting to do on-line product
    authentication... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 18, 2008