    or do both slots need to be filled?

    Q2. Could I fit 256 MB into slot 1 and a 64 MB into slot 2?

    Thanks for any help.

    Guest, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Guest

    Jay B Guest

    i believe they dont have to be the same, or one can be empty.

    Jay B, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    Ben Myers Guest

    The response is yes to both of your questions. DIMM memory for this system is
    PC100 non-parity non-ECC. Memory chips must be low-density, i.e. 16 chips on a
    256MB DIMM. Some PC133 memory will also work, maybe... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Guest

    Craig Guest

    Kingiston.com
    http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...x+GX100+L/MT/SFF&distributor=0&submit1=Search

    PC100 Max Ram =2 X256mb.= 512mb. total

    Craig

    Craig, Aug 6, 2006
  5. correct.
    kingston value ram marked kvr100x64c2/256 work.
    email me privately if you want to buy some.

    Christopher Muto, Aug 7, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the info.

    Would kvr133x64c3/256 work?

    If I have understood the numbers in the model number then this RAM would
    work at faster speeds 133 MHz and has a faster CAS latency, c3 not c2

    Guest, Aug 14, 2006
  7. Guest

    pen Guest

    C3 is slower than c2. It's measured in clock cycles. Also that memory is
    almost for
    sure not low density. High density DIMMs will show up as half their size.

    pen, Aug 14, 2006