  1. r mason

    r mason Guest

    I did look inside and there are no spare rails. Dell has none in stock.

    r mason, Feb 22, 2007

  2. r mason

    Ben Myers Guest

    They are plentiful on eBay. That's your best bet. If I had some spares, I'd
    offer them... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 23, 2007

  3. r mason

    Ben Myers Guest

    Precision 340, 350 and 360 are not that prevalent on eBay, which is why I
    suggested other models with the same rails in my earlier post. Use eBay search
    to track them down... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 23, 2007
  4. r mason

    r mason Guest

    Ben thank you for your input
    the pricing on ebay is amazing 3 dollars to 15 for the same piece of plastic

    r mason, Feb 23, 2007
  5. r mason

    Ben Myers Guest

    As a rule, eBay sellers accustomed to dealing with large corporations /
    government agencies and ignorant purchasing agents charge outrageous money,
    because the ignorant purchasing agents will spend the money to get the needed
    part.

    I can sell you a $500 hammer and a $1000 toilet seat, gold plating extra, if you
    work for the US Federal Government or any one of its minions who are
    contractors... Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 23, 2007
  6. r mason

    Dan Guest

    All dell repair techs get tons of them because Dell sends them out on
    all optical drives, even for models that don't require the rails. Dell
    demands the old optical drive be returned, but doesn't care about the
    rails. The techs usually keep the rails as spares, techs can easily
    rack up a dozen pairs of rails every month during busy times. I only
    have about 3 or 4 pairs cuz I didn't think there was much demand.

    Hard drive rails, however, are sometimes shorter and more difficult to
    find because dell doesn't supply them with replacement hard drives.
    But the good news is, most Dell desktops come with a spare pair of HD
    rails inside the desktop, i know the 8400 and 8300 dimensions do.

    Look on ebay

    Dan

    Dan, Feb 23, 2007