    this update help ?

    Thanks
    Frank

    Guest, Oct 17, 2007

  2. Guest

    First of One Guest

    Don't bother with any of the Dell video card drivers. Download the latest
    nVidia drivers directly:
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

    Select
    Product Type: Legacy
    Product Series: Geforce4 MX Series
    Then choose your operating system and language.

    nVidia drivers are unified, meaning one driver set will work for most cards.
    Upon installation the driver will automatically detect the card's
    capabilities (TV-out, dual display, SLI, whatever).

    First of One, Oct 18, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I downloaded the last version,
    94.24_forceware_winxp_international_whql.exe but it stopped in the
    middle of the install procedure saying that it didn't fit (?). So, I
    used a previous download , version 93.71 which worked (after initially
    having deinstalled the existing 2 nvidia drivers).
    Once installed I and optimized I am surprised that the repeat frequency
    determines the size of the screen area: with 75 Hz I get a screen with
    all but small icons and small text (smaller than in the last version),
    with 67 Hz (?) the text of the bars in the explorer is truncated on the
    left, with 62Hz the explorer looses its icons on the left side.
    How can I manage that I see what I saw before on my 15 inch screen ? I
    changed the driver because I had a serious of different BSODs in the
    last month which should all be linked to bad drivers. But now I get
    another headache : the screen truncates images & text.

    Whoever pretended that the pc has been invented as a productivity tool,
    to save time for the user ??

    - Frank

    Guest, Oct 18, 2007
  4. Guest

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Fun, hard drive near full?

    Both of those versions are right choices for older cards.
    It sounds like your dreary CRT monitor needs image size adjustments,
    when refresh rate changes, the actual size of the image changes as well,
    requiring manual adjustments you might not even think to need.
    The general purpose computer was chiefly designed to make war easier and
    more deadly for warriors with computers as opposed to those without.

    If you are using your PC to effect death and destruction, your PC can
    and will assist you greatly, but try to watch a DVD without the right
    codec, you will run to the nearest dedicated device.

    Mr.E Solved!, Oct 18, 2007