Dell Pulls Models with Intel "Sandy Bridge" Chipset

Discussion in 'Dell' started by powrwrap, Feb 8, 2011.

  1. powrwrap

    powrwrap Guest

    On Jan. 31, Intel announced a Stop Ship on its Sandy Bridge (new Core
    i-series) chipset. According to Intel, ports within the chipsets may
    degrade over time, potentially impacting the performance or
    functionality of SATA-linked devices such as hard disk drives and DVD
    drives.

    What currently shipping Dell products are impacted?
    Effective immediately, we will remove those currently shipping Sandy
    Bridge platforms from our websites:
    * XPS 8300 desktop
    * Vostro 460 desktop
    * Alienware Aurora-R3 desktop
    * Alienware M17x-R3 notebook
    We will have more information next week on when these products will
    become available again.

    http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19364125/19818559.aspx

    powrwrap, Feb 8, 2011