Dell Rebate Hassle to Death

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ron Hardin, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Ron Hardin

    journey Guest

    Get real. You're insulting your own intelligence if you actually
    believe that the vocal don't represent what most people would want.

    Even these exchanges between us now are totally f*ing distractions
    from the purpose of these groups. Given that when you crosspost, part
    of the "cost" of doing that in your "economy of posts" scenario is
    that people will ask you not to do it. That should be built into your
    "model".

    Pause, take a breath, and get in touch with reality. Reality isn't
    the model you are going by. Reality is what happens. If you would
    examine the data, I would like to think you're intelligent enough to
    come to the conclusion that these extra costs are built in, and that
    the process of cross-posting has a high probability of adding other
    costs.

    There have also been very articulate reasons posted about the
    disadvantages of crossposting.

    OK, now I am going to get real ...

    Personally, I think you are just an asshole who wants a lot of
    attention and your life is so pathetic that you have to do this kind
    of thing here, and when you're not doing this, you're constantly
    photographing your dog. Either way, you're probably running from
    something, possibly your innate fealings of inadequacy, or maybe
    unresolved childhood traumas, or maybe it's a viscious circle in which
    all of this makes your life empty and that's painful so you do this to
    distract and that makes your life even more empty.

    I think you are severely obsessive / compulsive, and have at least one
    or two personality disorders. In addition, you are downright rude,
    and if you really believe the bullshit you are saying maybe there is a
    little psychosis mixed in there.

    Journey

    journey, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    Here's another astounding fact. Public demonstrations in fact
    demonstrate precisely a lack of public support. They're organized
    as a strategy.

    All that's missing here is calling in TV coverage.

    Ron Hardin, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Ron Hardin

    journey Guest

    OK Ron, I will not play your games so this is the last post I am
    writing to you.

    I suggest that you try to get a life.

    You may want to change your sig line, because it's fairly obvious that
    it is not true.

    Journey

    journey, Apr 4, 2006
  4. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    Most people think it's a dangerous line to remark on.

    Ron Hardin, Apr 4, 2006
  5. it must be really hard to be right all the time.

    Christopher Muto, Apr 4, 2006
  6. Ron Hardin

    Notan Guest

    Using your logic(?), posts concerning the US involvement in Iraq should be
    crossposted to *every* newsgroup, as the war is of interest to everyone.

    Sorry, Ron, it just doesn't fly.

    Notan

    Notan, Apr 4, 2006
  7. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    You have to check out the Imus group to see what's a topic and what isn't there.
    It's driven by people who hang out there, nothing to do with Imus.

    Perhaps you think it must have to do with Imus because of the name, but it's
    not true.

    Mostly now it's Bush derangement syndrome plus a few other posters.

    PCs is one of the occasional areas of expertise there, even among political
    opponents on other days.

    Ron Hardin, Apr 4, 2006
  8. Ron Hardin

    Notan Guest

    You just don't get it, do you?

    No one over here gives a rat's ass about alt.fan.don-imus.

    Y'know what? Never mind. This is like having a discussion with a rock.

    Consider yourself KF'd.

    Notan

    Notan, Apr 4, 2006
  9. not true. at least one person does.

    Christopher Muto, Apr 4, 2006
  10. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    The $100 check came today, dated 04/04.

    It shows that being polite and persistent pays, also threatening to go public.

    I'm happy to go public also when people do the right thing.

    Ron Hardin, Apr 8, 2006
  11. Ron Hardin

    journey Guest

    "Going public" did not influence your outcome -- if you think that it
    did, you are delusional.

    And by the way, you yourself are not doing the right thing by
    crossposting, especially after numerous people asked you not to for
    valid reasons.

    Ironic, eh?

    journey, Apr 8, 2006
  12. Ron Hardin

    S.Lewis Guest

    (crosspost removed......again for the m0rAn.........)

    It proves that you're not only wrong but still a crossposting equine
    turd-cutter, and that is all. Further:

    (cut and paste of standard, plagarized insulting response to minimize wasted
    effort) :

    You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic?
    You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour
    piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore
    that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
    You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate,
    noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise
    everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid
    chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond
    scum and I wish you would go away.
    You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
    deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
    weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion,
    a big suck on a sour lemon.
    You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly
    with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world.
    An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the
    puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in
    recognition of what they had done.
    I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as
    you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of
    you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile,
    worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this
    earth. And did I mention you smell?
    If you aren't an 1diot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try
    to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us
    with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be
    available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
    You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its
    beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly
    briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your
    ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own
    trite, foolish beliefs.
    You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty
    and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.
    Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are
    unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that
    reality forgot.
    And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
    of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
    hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
    weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
    waiting for the bite of the snake?
    You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
    obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
    emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease,
    you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.
    On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient
    in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are
    dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all
    unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.
    I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid.
    Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the
    stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are
    trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that
    even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect
    can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid.
    You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year.
    Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can
    really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the
    original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated
    by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.
    I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this,
    you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength
    left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about
    unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.
    The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away
    most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your
    attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really,
    stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly
    effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write,
    spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary
    skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an
    easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged"
    persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known,
    that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just
    wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish
    you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be
    placing such a demand on you.

    (end)

    S.Lewis, Apr 9, 2006
  13. Ron Hardin

    Bob Ward Guest

    Of course, others get their rebates WITHOUT threatening to "go
    public", so what have you proven with your single datapoint?

    Bob Ward, Apr 9, 2006
  14. Ron Hardin

    Mark M Guest

    A better question: What have you proven with yours?

    Mark M, Apr 9, 2006
  15. Ron Hardin

    Bob Ward Guest

    Since I wasn't trying to prove anything, I have to wonder about your
    thought process.

    Bob Ward, Apr 9, 2006
  16. Ron Hardin

    tia Guest

    you are "public" allright, or should we say "out of the closet." we now all
    know what a total fucking asshole you are and how completely wrong you are
    as well. eat shit and die and in the future get your rebate bullshit out of
    the don imus group.

    tia, Apr 10, 2006
  17. Ron,

    I urge everyone that has a problem with Dell to call the State Attorney
    general and complain.

    Phil

    Philip B Kirschner, Apr 11, 2006
  18. Hey igoramace,

    The man made a bandifide purchase with a promise of a rebate. Dell has been
    involved in false advertising for awhile, and companies can't get away with
    it. Its a violation of various state law to promise rebate and make people
    jump through hoops to get it.
    Several years ago, i had a rebate problem with another company, called the
    state attorney generals office and got satisfaction.

    Needless to say, i would never do buisness with them again.

    phil

    Philip B Kirschner, Apr 11, 2006
  19. false advertising? violation of state law?? the guy got his rebate so what
    was the crime here? other than the op lacking enough common sense as to
    make a copy of his original rebate submission? i guess the length of this
    thread is too much for most peoples attention span... you can read it from
    the begining instead of rehasing it again. but if what you take away from
    it is that you won't buy from dell again then bully... this place will be
    better without the likes of you.

    Christopher Muto, Apr 11, 2006
  20. there wasn't a problem. there was an arrogant guy that didn't make a copy
    of his rebate submission. and when he followed up on the status of the
    rebate he learned that it had not been received. i wonder if this guy even
    put a stamp on it or if he even mailed it at all... but he was told how to
    get copies of his original receipt, packing slip, and the rebate form, and
    dell paid him despite his bad attitude. so as i see it you are encouraging
    people that are somewhat incompetent to contact their state attorney general
    office to tell them that despite their own incompetence, rudeness, and bad
    attitude that they did indeed get their rebate from dell? that makes no
    sense.

    Christopher Muto, Apr 11, 2006