    You're just here to spout off about some bad experience you've had, sometime
    in the past. You don't bring any value to this group.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Robert243

    Monica Guest

    when you put in a new drive, even though it works, you have to go into
    the
    Tom, is this the same for an external drive? I've installed the MyBook
    external drive and am in the process of reformatting it to NTSF. Do I need
    to make the change in the BIOS?
    Monica

    Monica, Oct 25, 2006

  3. Robert243

    WSZsr Guest

    Consider the source, Tom.....

    WSZsr, Oct 25, 2006
  4. Sorry, Irene, Tom's done that many times over the years. I really can't
    recall any problem solving advice from you, however.

    Sparky Spartacus, Oct 25, 2006
  5. Robert243

    Tom Scales Guest

    Nope.

    Tom Scales, Oct 25, 2006
  6. Robert243

    S.Lewis Guest

    No ma'am. You shouldn't need to.

    S.Lewis, Oct 25, 2006
  7. Robert243

    Ben Myers Guest

    Irene,

    At least you admit to being fairly computer illiterate. How about responding in
    a manner consistent with your professed abilities? In other words, DON'T!

    BTW, Dell tech support is not the only one that has deteriorated. Try the
    script monkeys at HPaq, eGate-chines, Sony or Toshiba for a change. This is an
    industry-wide problem, which makes me happy to build up my local clientele by
    filling the gap... Ben Myers

    <SNIP>

    Ben Myers, Oct 25, 2006
  8. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    I may not be able to show you ten posts that I made helping people. But I
    can find numerous posts where you have ridiculed and insulted people who
    have posted what they believed to be valid comments and questions.

    As I said, I'll stick to only helping when I KNOW what I am posting is
    correct.

    You are free to continue as always---ridicule---insult--and post so called
    help--even when you are not sure of it's validity.

    Irene, Oct 25, 2006
  9. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    I don't have the time right now, but I assure you there have been a few. As
    I said, I DON'T post an answer to a request for help UNLESS I am very sure
    it is correct. Now Tom and the rest of you can criticize me all you want
    for that, but I think it is far better than, potentially, making some ones
    problem worse by responding with incorrect information.

    Irene, Oct 25, 2006
  10. Robert243

    Monica Guest

    Perhaps you're confusing Tom Scales with another Tom?? I've been in and out
    of this newsgroup since 2000 and haven't seen what you're accusing him of.
    There's enough "drama" over on the 24hoursupport.helpdesk without having it
    here too :(
    Monica

    Monica, Oct 26, 2006
  11. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    What can I say. Except, Your definition of insults and ridicule must be far
    different from mine and most peoples.

    One example out of this thread:

    "Jump in and take some of the weight off our shoulders. Make us believe
    you're more than just a whiner."

    "Guess they just don't like you"

    Guess you missed these?. >g<

    Irene, Oct 26, 2006
  12. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    I wish you "Dellbots" would make up your minds, you hammer because I do
    respond when my meager computer knowledge permits and Tom hammers me because
    I don't.

    I think I will just ignore both of you. >g<

    Irene, Oct 27, 2006
  13. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    If that were my only "why" question? >g<

    Irene, Oct 27, 2006
  14. Fair enough, how about 3? 1 maybe?

    Sparky Spartacus, Oct 28, 2006
  15. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    Asked and Answered numerous times.
    PLEASE, don't bother me with stupid questions like this again

    Irene, Oct 28, 2006
  16. Robert243

    Tom Scales Guest

    Oh gosh Irene, we're sorry if we bothered you. You bring SO much to this
    newsgroup with your hours and hours of dedication to answering a wide
    variety of questions. I particularly appreciate your strong, positive
    attitude that you bring here. It really is appreciated.

    Tom Scales, Oct 28, 2006
  17. Robert243

    Irene Guest

    ...............with your hours and hours of dedication to answering a wide
    variety of questions.

    I sure wish the one of the requirements to be a "dellbot" was being able to
    read.

    But then maybe they can and would just rather harass people.

    Irene, Oct 28, 2006
  18. Her reply was another way of admitting she can't show even one post.

    Sparky Spartacus, Oct 29, 2006
  19. Robert243

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Does this mean I have to take her out of my "kill file"??? ;-)

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Oct 29, 2006
  20. Robert243

    Tom Scales Guest

    I honestly believe and have for a long time that Irene believes her
    contributions here -- sharing her poor experience with Dell -- are positive
    and useful. To a certain extent I understand, but my problem is the math
    doesn't work. One person's experiences are just that -- one person's
    experiences. They are not statistically meaningful.

    It's not like the entire world doesn't already realize that Dell's service
    isn't what it used to be. We all know that. $300 computers pretty much
    force that. The occasional $2000 as Irene bought doesn't pay for the
    infrastructure to support everyone.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Oct 29, 2006